Some inspired promotion from FOX in the US emerged this week. Our favourite Gleeksters are getting their fashion on for a promotional video ahead of the 8th September – the official date for the global Fashion’s Night Out extravaganza. And just 12 days later, the new season of Glee happens to air on the American network.
The skit (above) is too short for my liking (please let there be a full-length music video aired at some point, or at least additional break bumpers with out-takes), but some of the production stills give you an idea of the fun had on set.
Lea Michele looks a-mazing (in Balmain, natch), Heather Morris rocks the currently ubiquitous star print trend and David Bowie‘s Fashion is obviously right on the money.
Glee meets Vogue. Awesome. Inspired.
(L-R) Chris Colfer, Heather Morris, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele and Mark Sellig, Glee Live 2010, California. (c) Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America)
Less than a month to go now until Glee Live lands on our shores, taking over the O2 for a week in June. Naturally, I’m going.
For those attending who wish the set list to remain a surprise until the day, look away now.
For the rest of you Gleeks, let the excitement commence:
Main set with featured performers and original artists
- Don’t Stop Believin’ (Journey)
- The Dog Days Are Over featuring Amber Riley and Jenna Ushkowitz (Florence + the Machine)
- Sing (My Chemical Romance)
- I’m a Slave 4 U featuring Heather Morris (Britney Spears)
- Fat Bottomed Girls featuring Mark Salling and Ashley Fink (Queen)
- I Want to Hold Your Hand featuring Chris Colfer (The Beatles)
- Ain’t No Way featuring Amber Riley (Aretha Franklin)
- PYT featuring Kevin McHale (Michael Jackson)
- Born This Way (Lady Gaga)
- Fireworks featuring Lea Michele (Katy Perry)
- Teenage Dream featuring the Warblers, a rival glee club including Darren Criss (Katy Perry)
- Silly Love Songs featuring the Warblers and Criss (Wings)
- Raise Your Glass featuring the Warblers and Criss (Pink)
- Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy featuring Michel and Colfer (Barbra Streisand & Judy Garland)
- Lucky featuring Chord Overstreet and Dianna Agron (Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat)
- River Deep — Mountain High featuring Riley and Naya Rivera (Ike & Tina Turner)
- Don’t Rain on My Parade featuring Michele (Barbra Streisand)
- Jessie’s Girl featuring Cory Monteith (Rick Springfield)
- Valerie featuring Rivera (The Zutons/Amy Winehouse)
- Loser Like Me
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) featuring Colfer (Beyoncé)
- Friday featuring the guys (Rebecca Black)
- Safety Dance featuring McHale (Men Without Hats)
- Empire State of Mind (Jay-Z & Alicia Keys)
- Somebody to Love (Queen)
*with thanks to Peter Larsen of the Orange County Register for the full deets above.