I’ve been meaning to post this for ages. Well, since Fashion Week actually.
Wallpaper* magazine, that creative authority on all things design, dedicated their whole March issue to the fashion world. Hugely enjoyable it was too, but this double page spread was my favourite (click here for a larger, higher res version):
– 20: pounds of gold glitter dumped on John Galliano during his post-show bow
– 37: pairs of titanium heels trashed minutes before the Lanvin show when it was discovered the models couldn’t walk in them
– 100: %age of RTW on the Prada women’s runway made from cotton only
– 800: hand-painted feather butterflies on a single Alexander McQueen dress
– 1,930: pieces of metal (safety pins, grommets etc.) sewn onto one Balmain skirt